I made this needle holder in a very similar way to the other Ash Needle Holder. I made a few changes to the process to fix the mistakes from the previous attempt.

I drilled the holes for the string into the prepared blank with the pilar drill before turning it to avoid the tear-out and to drill straight through. I also was more careful when cutting the lid off from the body.

I also added a little ring of purpleheart to the top of the body - which I think finished the piece nicely.

I made the bead for this one out of plastic. I'm in the process of making different types of beads and may replace the beads on this one in the future.